Saturday, July 21, 2007

Farmers Market Update, July 21st

So this week the market was just crazy. Peter and I hit both the down town market and the one on Sandy Blvd. We're having a dinner party tonight so we did a little west side shopping which included City Market, Whole Foods, Trader Joe's, Sur la Table and both markets. We found some great stuff this week. There were some beautiful tomatoes. Then at the Persephone Farm booth I found some gorgeous radicchio. It would be great cut into wedges and grilled. mmmm. We also found some great squash blossoms. I filled them with goat cheese and fried them in tempura batter. LOVE.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice photos...i wish i could click on them to enlarge...can I? Perhaps if they were linked to the source? I dunno.

Kent said...

Wow, I'm hungry looking at this blog. The squash blossoms sound so yummy!

Keith said...

I'm just learning how to this blogging thing. If anyone knows how to make the pictures work better please let me know. I'm working on making the recipes printable right now. From what I'm learning blogger is kind of limmited. A lot of the photos on the blog are taken from my iphone, so I imagine they can't be enlarged too much.