Saturday, July 14, 2007

Farmers Market Update


Every Saturday morning I like to get up early and have a cup of coffee and head of to the Portland Farmers Market. I try to get there right at 8am before it gets crowded. This gives me a chance to talk to the venders about what’s new that week. As spring and summer progress it’s fun to watch certain venders come and go depending on what’s available. This week was one of the weeks when we see a lot of new faces as we start to see the arrival of some serious fruits and vegetables. This week Blue Berries really hit their prime and I saw Marion Berries first time this summer.

I came across a new vender this week called Two Tarts artisan sweets for the soul. They had a beautiful display of mini cookies. They don’t have a permanent retail space yet, but they are looking for a location. Right now they sell their goods through Pasta works or City Market and the farmers market. You can also call and place orders. Their mini cookies are perfect for any party or reception. I got a baker’s dozen for $6. I got a good mix to sample: Chocolate chip, Coconut Oatmeal, Peanut butter and my favorite Lavender Shortbread.
To order call Two Tarts, Elizabeth Beekley 503 910 6694

No comments: